- Where:280 William St Northbridge
- Tel:9328 3124
- Good for:vinyl lovers young and old.
The Music Scene
- When:11-12am Mon-Sat, 11-10 Sun
- Where:47 South Tce Fremantle
- Tel:9335 5405
- Good for:a beer before heading downstairs for some live music.
The Norfolk Hotel is a popular place for an afternoon beer. The leafy courtyard outside the historical building makes a quaint setting for a pint Read full review
- When:12-late Mon-Sun
- Where:459 Fitzgerald St North Perth
- Tel:9328 7062
- Good for:live music in a sticky carpet kind of pub.
In the heart of North Perth lies one of Perth’s live music stalwarts. The Rosemount Hotel is one of what is unfortunately a dying breed of grungy, suburban pubs that offer local, interstate and international bands a great space to play.
- Where:Rear Shop 3 Arcade 189, William St Northbridge
- Good for:vinyl delights from Prince to Morrisey.
Head out the back of Beans and Bunches florist, and you’ll find one of Perth’s hidden gems. Safari’s is the handiwork of local lad John, whose girlfriend runs the florist out front. He has vinyl delights Read full review
- When:12pm-12am Mon-Sat, 12-10pm Sun
- Where:181 William St Northbridge
- Good for:seeing your favourite band live in an intimate setting.
Since opening its doors a few years ago by a bunch of foresighted friends who realised the gap in the local music scene, The Bird has since been embraced as an important venue for music in Perth. Read full review
- When:Wed-Sun but occasionally Mon and Tues also; check program times
- Where:191 Beaufort St Perth
- Tel:9228 1088
- Good for:first dates, and late night jazz.
The only thing missing from The Ellington for those pining for the underground jazz clubs of the early 60s is the thick cigarette smoke! (Well, so I hear.) This late night music venue hosts jazz and contemporary music shows with an early session and another on the weekends beginning at 11:30. Read full review
- When:Friday nights, doors open 5:45pm
- Where:Cnr Buxton St and Scarborough Beach Rd, Mt Hawthorn
- Tel:9447 8111
- Good for:live jazz on Friday nights
The Jazz Cellar is one of Perth’s best kept secrets. A little hard to find, this hideaway is located in an alley, through an old phone booth and down a flight of stairs where there is a scattering of tables and chairs Read full review
- When:10-10 Mon-Sun
- Where:117 Oxford St Leederville
- Tel:9201 2500
- Good for:music, clothing, homewares and super cute jewellery.
This Oxford Street staple has stood the test of time. It houses a CD/record store at the front, with a well stocked clothing and homewares section further up the back. Read full review