- When:630am-8pm Mon-Sun
- Where:40 Jarrad St Cottesloe
- Tel:9284 5176
- Good for:filling up the picnic hamper.
Delis & Markets
- Where:493 Beaufort St Highgate
- Tel:9328 4050
Italian and Chinese immigrants are usually credited for their delectable supermarkets with imported goods. However, no one should underestimate Elmar and Annette Dieren, who migrated from Germany in 1987 and set up their own Bavarian Delicatessen on Beaufort in Highgate. Read full review
- Where:17 Wray Ave Fremantle
- Tel:9335 2356
- Good for:the huge variety of sausages
It is like stepping back in time as you walk into Frank’s Gourmet Meats in the Italian enclave of Wray Ave. One of what is a dying breed of local butchers, Frank’s is a sight for the eyes. Read full review
- When:9-8 Fri, 9-6 Sat-Sun
- Where:Cnr Henderson St & South Tce Fremantle
- Tel:9335 2515
- Good for:eating a fresh crepe whilst being entertained by a busker.
A popular tourist attraction on the cappuccino strip, the Fremantle Markets attracts a variety of punters. If stalls selling small trinkets, silver jewellery and local mementos are your thing, then the Freo Markets will be right up your alley. Read full review
- When:10-530 Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, 10-4 Sat, 1230-4 Sun
- Where:213 Railway Pde Maylands
- Tel:9473 1120
- Good for:honey for you or a sweet souvenir for a friend overseas.
Perth locals Blaine and Tristan Campbell own over 50 hives in Perth and surrounds and they sell all their delicious local produce from their Maylands shopfront. They produce raw honey, infused honey as well as honeycomb and other amazing goodies.
- Where:29-31 Market St Fremantle
- Tel:9430 4445
- Good for:every gourmet.
It is really hard to fully describe what a wonderful place Kakulas Sister is. It is a long term resident in the station end of the Cappuccino Strip and you’ll no doubt be drawn in by the wicker baskets loaded with continental bargains, that line the footpath. Read full review
- When:8-12 Sundays
- Where:Central Mall, Kalamunda
- Good for:fresh, seasonal produce and seedlings in the hills area.