- When:during summer.
- Where:Memorial Hall, Lochee St, Mosman Park
- Tel:day 9386 3554; after 630pm 9385 4793
- Good for:making the most of summer with an outdoor movie, paired with jazz or blues - check programme for special event nights.
- When:Mon-Sun, check website for flicks
- Where:164 James St Northbridge
- Tel:9227 1771
- Good for:international flicks and Film Festivals.
Cinema Paradiso has been a Northbridge fixture for as long as I can remember. It’s another cinema outlet that’s part of the much cherished Luna empire that’s spread across the city, and it specialises in showcasing quality arthouse, independent and foreign films with a distinct European flavour. Read full review
- When:Mon-Sun, check website for movie times
- Where:155 Oxford St Leederville
- Tel:9444 4056
- Good for:viewing some alternative local and international flicks.
When you finally realise that there’s a lot more to going to the cinema than lunch at Sizzler, overpriced large sized cokes and yet another rom-com, Luna Cinema will be patiently waiting for you. Read full review
- When:During Summer, check website for screening times
- Where:Synergy Parkland, May Drive, Kings Park, Perth
- Tel:1300 551 908
- Good for:watching outdoor movies in the botanical gardens
The stunning grounds of Kings Park also house a vast, outdoor cinema throughout the warmer months. Screening a range of titles, including popular new releases, old classics and cult favourites, there’s something for everyone. Read full review
- When:Check website for screening times
- Where:Cnr James & Lake St Northbridge
- Good for:free outdoor movies, close to the city centre!
Created by the City of Perth in an attempt to liven up Northbridge, this public space has a variety of uses, from a nice place for workers to eat a packed lunch, to the venue for the annual Yum Cha in the Park. Read full review
- When:during the warmer months, around November to April.
- Where:Somerville Auditorium, University of Western Australia, Nedlands
During the warmer months, grab your cushions and a picnic and head down to the picturesque grounds at the University of Western Australia. Between November and April the Somerville Auditorium comes alive with the best of contemporary, international cinema. Read full review
- When:Check website for movie times
- Where:98 Stirling Hwy Nedlands
- Tel:9386 3554
- Good for:enjoying a movie in a site steeped with history.