- When:930-5 Mon-Sun
- Where:Victoria Quay Fremantle
- Tel:9431 8334
- When:9-5 Mon-Sun
- Where:20 Labouchere Rd South Perth
- Tel:9474 0444
- Good for:getting close to some beautiful animals; for both little and big kids!
- When:on sunny afternoons.
- Where:Matilda Bay, South Perth or wherever the view lures you in.
- Good for:spreading out your favourite picnic rug and enjoying some tasty treats with family and friends.
We love picnicking. Preparing the snacks, packing it all up and unwrapping a generous spread across the picnic blanket. Don’t you find you always over cater for these little rendezvous? But that’s all the better, because if you find the right spot you can spend all day lolling about in the grass. Read full review
- Good for:enjoying the crystal clear beaches in the sunshine with friends.
- When:930-4 Mon-Fri, 10-5 Sat-Sun (10-5 in school holidays)
- Where:City West Centre, Sutherland St, West Perth
- Tel:9215 0700
- Good for:exploring science in an interactive environment.
This science and technology centre might be aimed at tots and teens, but that doesn’t stop Scitech from being a load of fun for people of all ages. There are plenty of exhibits and games, all which aim to educate in an engaging way. Read full review
- Where:Falls Rd Serpentine
- Good for:picnicking with the kangaroos.
Lying just an hour outside of Perth, down the South West Highway, is this beautiful part of the world. The small falls area is filled with those cooling off throughout the summer months in the basin below, and in winter the rushing waterfall provides the backdrop for a short jaunt. Read full review